
this beautiful picture of the castle in Karlsruhe (I'm sure that I've posted pictures before, but its still there and still beautiful!) is suprisingly illustrative of the rediculously fickle weather here lately. The bad news: its mostly pretty much freezing. The good news: the frost has killed off 99% of the huge, disgusting brown slugs that plage the pathways all summer long. I wish I could say 100%, but as I was jogging (ha! yes, jogging!) yesterday, I commited once again the gross error of stepping on one of these slugs...eew. Stepping on these slugs is pretty much unavoidable...it happens sooner or later (they really are everywhere) but it grosses me out every time. So, yay for entering a slugless season. Other positives of winter: they started putting up the Christmas lights today. Come December 1, all of the main streets of Karlsruhe will be lit with white Christmas lights. This is something that makes the darkest part of the year bearable. Also, daylight savings ended early this morning, so I got an extra hour of sleep and I don't have to get ready and leave in the pitch dark anymore! (at least until the days get really short...) ~love~
1 comment:
Oh Bekah! Your world in Germany sounds beautiful. I long for the changing seasons. Hope you have a great week. Let's try and catch up soon. E-mail or visit. Your choice. I vote for visit:)
Post a Comment