
While Hannah was here, she took to calling the castle in Karlsruhe her home. Well, a few weeks ago, I (finally!) visited the museum that is in the castle. First of all, this museum is HUGE. I think we spent at least 4 hours in there, and definitely skipped some stuff. It goes through a lot of history of the region as well as ancient through modern history of Europe. Mummies? got it. Roman armor and coins? check. Posters from the student movement in the 60s? yep. Paintings and church artifacts? you bet. Above is a picture of the queen's crown and gown from the time that Karlsruhe was an independent "dukedom" (or something similar...the German system was different than the British and I don't honestly know how everything translates) I thought it was cool to get to see the "crowned jewels" of Baden! Hope you enjoy the picture! (for the real life experience, just come on over!) ~love~
1 comment:
We need to have a good chat soon. I've been heavily considering teaching English abroad next year...in Germany. I want to see this museum. With you. Miss you dearly, friend.
Post a Comment