02 October 2009

carnival

So, something that I really love is the fact that practically every other day and at least every weekend, I accidentally stumble upon a festival, carnival or celebration of some sort. This one was after the Karlsruhe-Baden marathon came through Karlsruhe that Sunday morning. (truthfully, this picture is from something like 2 weeks ago...) The prayer during church was suddenly interrupted by loud rumbling and music...it was the festival and marathon outside, don't even worry about it! Another day, there was a kids carnival/festival outside the theater - complete with cool costumes, theater-related games, music and of course food! All over the city, and especially in the greenest areas (castle park) there is always fun to be found. I love the way it feels like walking into a surprise party every time I hear the music and see the tents in the distance...what a fun life! ~love~

No comments: