05 May 2009

Photo Summary part 4

I think it is safe to say that this is part 4 of 5, for those of you who are worried that its getting a bit long (although, if such people are out there, they should perhaps consider not reading my blog anymore as I have never, ever, ever, been known as someone who is concise and to the point...) This exciting part 4 begins the section of the summary that chronicles the visits of Gillan and my mom. Sharing my home here with the two of them was such a highlight and privilige!We sure do love jumping pictures. Unfortunately the weather decided to be gross and mean while Gillian was here, so we had a lot of rainy, chilly walks, but enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. A walk along the Rhine River is always a great way to enjoy the day!

If you were wondering what heaven looks like, and where it is located, I can give you a heads up...its in Heidelburg and it looks exactly like this bookstore. Literally filled to overflowing with books, Gillian and I could barely contain our excitement. Seriously. I am in love with this place

I do so love Heidelburg, and was glad that Gillian was equally captivated by this beautiful, romantic, historic city.



We went on a grand adventure in search of a monestary in Maulbraun by way of train and a 3 kilomenter hike through the woods. When we arrived at the deserted train station in the middle of nowhere, we were understandibly a little nervous. Luckily for us, we found our way without incident and enjoyed a very interesting audio tour of the beautiful (if freezing cold) monestary there.

I think it was by far the coldest audio tour I have ever been on, but it was truly beautiful and incredible. I could not have asked for better company either!

No comments: