Sorry to everyone who is concerned for my safety – I have no means of communicating to you all that I made it safe and sound. I am jet-lagged, but relatively none worse for the wear. I am mostly moved into my room. I have a list of projects to complete tomorrow and tentative plans to travel somewhere fun with Cindy on Saturday. I realize that as I type this that I will have somehow won the internet battle in order to post this, but at the moment it feels sad to be so utterly cut off from all of you who love me most and best. I love you all tremendously, I will find an internet cafĂ© in the morning, and post a happier more triumphant entry tomorrow. I hope.
20 September 2008
There's no stick...
Right now I am feeling absolutely outsmarted by my dumb computer. Somehow I have navigated this day quite successfully (much credit due to the lovely Cindy for her selfless service to the cause of “help Bekah have a smooth transition…”). I opened a bank account, obtained health insurance, unpacked, set up a phone (on which I can only receive, not place calls, unfortunately for me) and yet somehow the internet is outsmarting me. on that note, let me just vent briefly: there are a lot of people in the world who have Macs, its not that hard to include instructions of how to do something on a Mac, and finally, probably the most frustrating thing that a determined computer user like me can encounter is the sudden and unexpected errors that programs encounter that cause them to shut down at the exact moment that I am pushing my chair back in order to begin a preemptive victory dance. So, needless to say, LAN internet: 1, Bekah: 0.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment