Starting around Easter, things got really busy at work. At first, I stocked it up to the multiple days off of work, the changes going on in the DAI and a couple of special events that I was in charge of. Now, several weeks later, I am beginning to think that this is actually normal. That the slow, quiet days of February and March were the exception, not the rule.
I don't mind being busy, in fact, I quite enjoy it. My days just fly by in a flurry of phone calls, emails, power point presentations, books and library patrons. I have now successfully transferred 2 calls without accidentally hanging up on anyone. I have, with a fair amount of confidence, advised students and parents alike on subjects ranging from visa information to how to find an internship to how to look for a college to possible summer jobs.
And in the midst of this high-tempo multi-tasking, there never ceases to be any number of crazy things that happen. I'll set the stage for you: It was about 4:30 in the afternoon, I was sitting at the front desk, with my email open to the newest information from the consulate on exchanges, with a word document open with a list of children's picture books to order, and a new library member waiting for me to process his library card (can I please briefly interject to tell you how much I enjoy laminating cards? Its a strange joy that I simply can't explain). While I was doing all of this, some other DAI employees were moving tables, setting up for a reading and discussion with a relatively famous author which took place later that evening.
A miscalculation.
A little too much momentum.
A crash.
four
shelves
worth
of
books
tumbled
down
They missed my head, they missed the computer. They woke up the entire building.
So this is what chicken little was talking about...
~love~
I don't mind being busy, in fact, I quite enjoy it. My days just fly by in a flurry of phone calls, emails, power point presentations, books and library patrons. I have now successfully transferred 2 calls without accidentally hanging up on anyone. I have, with a fair amount of confidence, advised students and parents alike on subjects ranging from visa information to how to find an internship to how to look for a college to possible summer jobs.
A miscalculation.
A little too much momentum.
A crash.
four
shelves
worth
of
books
tumbled
down
They missed my head, they missed the computer. They woke up the entire building.
So this is what chicken little was talking about...
~love~

1 comment:
can you advise me on how to get such an awesome job!? It sounds great!
Post a Comment