10 May 2011

A true story

In the car on the way to visit T's family, the traffic report came on the radio. We naturally turned up the volume. What followed was pretty much your normal report - construction on the A5, 3km stop and go traffic... cleaning up an accident on the A3, 5km traffic...

and then:

Achtung: be careful on the B61 (ok, I don't actually remember which highway it was, unfortunately) there is a kangaroo in the left lane.

What?! A Kangaroo?! I turned to T and asked "so, is that like a kind of car or something?" I just could not believe that 1) there was a kangaroo in Germany and 2) that this poor unfortunate soul had found its way to the highway!

He laughed, "no, you are thinking of a Kangoo. That is a kind of car. A Kangaroo is an animal."

me: "Well! What is a Kangaroo doing on the Autobahn?"

T: "How should I know. Maybe its for mothers day."

Yeah, I don't understand either. But either way, I hope the Kangaroo made it out ok!

No comments: