29 October 2010

Solar Power

I am a Colorado girl for many, many reasons. One of those reasons is that I am a child of the sunshine.

Some people love those meloncholy (oh so meloncholy) gray days. The drops of rain write inspiration on window panes and the splash of water exudes life and joy. I am not one of those people. I am solar powered.

I feel every cell in my being jump to life, jump for joy, when the sun shows its shy face. No matter what time of year, the sun to me is life. Right now, sun means unbelievably blue skies and crisp air that is mirrored in the crunch of an apple and the dry shuttering of paper leaves as they fall...It shines on rosy-cheeked children as we read about pumpkin soup and play jack-o-lantern bingo. ("what do we say again, mingo?") Sunny days like today fill me with gratitude and love. ~love~


1 comment:

Sue Jonas said...

I can almost taste that apple, hear the leaves crunching and feel the warm sun on my face. Oh how I love your writing! i just had a 30 second vacation....ahhh. Mama