So far, I have wrapped up loose ends from the semester, cleaned (ok, to be fair, I only cleaned a little bit...), did laundry, ran misc. errands and slept. On Wednesday, however, I leave for an 8 day trip to Warsaw, Scotland and Dublin with Amy and Isabelle. Ewa has been kind enough to offer to play tour guide for us in her hometown of Warsaw and Isabelle studied last year in Scotland, so she will be showing us the insiders look into her life there. I am clearly very excited. My only real concern is that I am still not at 100% from the mono fiasco, but I'm sure it will all work out. I have to promise to look after myself and *not* end up in the hospital again, or Thomas won't let me go (as if he could stop me...ha!)
So, now that I am in the semester "pause" maybe I will have more exciting things to update the blog with...although don't hold your breaths! I am almost certain I had a great mental list of amusing cultural interactions to share with you, my faithful readers, however I seem to have misplaced it in the chaos of my brain. Sorry to disappoint. The sad news of the day is that my favorite cafe (where they know my name and my favorite drink...) is closing at the end of the month. I am devastated. Amy and I spent a lovely evening there a couple of weeks ago, drinking cocktails with one of the owners and chatting away. I am in complete denial that they won't be there for me anymore. I find it such a shame that a place that has the names, dates and birth weights of all the regular customer's babies written on the wall, a place where they make such an effort to know everyone who comes in, where they support local artists, play great music, and make great coffee is going under in this time of financial hardship. Karlsruhe is losing a great meeting place for community and I am deeply sad.
In other news, Thomas and his roommate Bastian just bought a foosball table. Thats right, folks, I am being catapulted onto the path of greatness by my boyfriend's love of foosball and determination to train me to be good enough to humiliate some grown men. Go me. Or something like that...I'll keep you posted (or you could just watch the news...I'm sure you'll see my rise to greatness chronicled there)
Thats all for now, I am off to a goodbye party for 3 of my friends here who are leaving in the next few days and weeks. As always, I am missing and loving you all from afar. I trust that you are well taken care of in the arms of our Father. ~love~
No comments:
Post a Comment