24 December 2008

Merry Christmas

Well, a post with pictures and detailed summaries will have to wait awhile until I am back in Karlsruhe with my computer and my camera cord and such, but I want to write you all and tell you how much I truly love and miss you all. I think as far as "Christmas without your family" I may be the luckiest person ever. I am currently staying in a condo in the Black Forest of Germany. Thomas' mother manages vacation condos in the small tourist town of Schluchsee (not to far from Tittisee, which you may have heard of...) and so I have a comfortable bed, kitchen, living room and bathroom here and it is simply wonderful! We have hiked a fair amount and seen the breathtaking beauty of the Schwarzwald - I cannot tell you how happy I am to be in the mountains with snow!

Anyway, all that is to reassure you all that I am safe and warm and happy this Christmas. However, being away from family also provides a unique perspective of just how thankful I am for my family and 23 years of being "home for Christmas". I couldn't ask for a better family or a better support system than the network of people who have raised me into the person I am today. Thank you. I love you all so dearly.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

snif, snif. we miss you & merry christmas!!!!